Saturday, September 21, 2013

Really?

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

As I finished todays reading in the 40 Days workbook, I had to ask myself, "Really?" Really can i do all things? Can i accomplishe the biggest challenges and overcome the highest mountains? Really? At first glance the reading seems a like nothing more than a pleasant reminder that God is on our side, but is that really all that God was saying?

Can you face the demon of addiction? Can you get a handle on your temper? Can you resist the temptation of the flesh? Can you really do ALL things?  YES!

This amazing promise from God is not based upon your ability, but rather it is a statement of the nature of God.  God can do all things. He spoke and everything came into existance, He rescued slaves from mighty Pharoh, He parted the Sea and fed millions with manna. God became flesh and took one human form; He was without sin, He allowed himself to be captured, tourtured and killed. God came back from the dead on Easter, He Rose from the grave, He ascended to Heaven. YES! Really, He did all these things.

This same God is working in you. He is waiting for you and me to trust Him. God can do all things and has promised you and me that He will.

As a congregation we are faced with the opportunity to place our trust in God to build the church. Can He do it? Really? YES!  Can he work in our lives to meet and accede our pledges? YES!

Do you believe God when he says he can do all things? Really?  I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment